A small chain of medical centres in Nairobi needed support to scale into a network of low-cost, high-quality clinics for the mass market.
They engaged our team to advise on their operational model and service offering, and to develop investor materials to support a capital raise.
- Conducted market research on the health care market in Kenya, leveraging OCA’s extensive knowledge in health care.
- Identified trends, service gaps, and a growing market for the medical centre network to scale.
- Built a dynamic 3-statement forward-looking financial model to evaluate alternative service mixes, growth rates, and the optimal capital mix.
- Tested financial outcomes of different business models with alternative service offerings, which we used to recommend the optimal business model for the company.
- Supported investor outreach and advised on the investor due diligence process, term sheet negotiations, and other capital raise-related requests.
We recommended a business and operational model with guidance on the introduction of new service offerings in existing facilities and the expansion of the medical centre network.
With our support, the client was able to raise enough capital from international investors to meet their growth needs. Using this capital, the business has expanded from 2 to 5 clinics, increasing access to low-cost, high-quality medical care across Kenya.